New redsn0w is.gd/6eek4Y explicitly supports iOS5b7 (no need to point at b6 IPSW). Also brings back old-bootrom 3GS goodies.
This is great news for both developers and owners of old bootrom iPhone 3GS’s who accidentally updated to iOS 4.3.5.
About 12 hours after we released redsn0w 0.9.8b7 with some improvements for iOS5b6, Apple went and released iOS5b7 (what are the odds of that?!?). Even though that redsn0w could still jailbreak iOS5b7, you needed to point it at the iOS5b6 IPSW to do so. Today’s redsn0w 0.9.8b7b lets you point redsn0w directly at the iOS5b7 IPSW instead.
We’ve also added some overall improvements for old-bootrom 3GS owners (where the 24kpwn exploit applies): on those devices, you can tell redsn0w to untether 4.3.5 and lower, or iOS5b7. Old-bootrom 3GS owners can once again choose custom logos, and/or verbose booting (for the really nerdy iPhone3GS fans out there!). And it allows 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 users to use ultrasn0w again (if they have a compatible baseband).
Last but not least, we fixed some lingering Verizon iPhone4 4.2.10 JB issues.
iH8Sn0w released Sn0wBreeze 2.8b6, which adds support for the latest iOS 5 beta 6 firmware.
Sn0wBreeze is a quite useful jailbreak utility. It creates custom firmware and allows users to preserve baseband for unlock. This new version also adds hacktivation and removes UDID developer check. This means that you can try iOS 5 without developer account from Apple.
You can download Sn0wBreeze 2.8b6 for Windows here.
sn0wbreeze v2.8b6 – Release Notes
* Now jailbreaks iOS 5 beta 6.
* Still removes UDID Developer check + Beta timer.
* Still has the ability to hacktivate.
* Still preserves the baseband (as always!).
Supported Devices and Tethered?
* iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)…..NO
* iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)….YES
* iPhone 4 (GSM)…………..YES
* iPhone 4 (CDMA)………….YES
* iPod Touch 3G……………YES
* iPod Touch 4…………….YES
* iPad 1G…………………YES
We’ve released redsn0w 0.9.8b6 to jailbreak iOS5 beta6 (point it directly at the beta6 IPSW).
Two important notes about this version:
(1) Please let your device boot normally to IOS5b6 and do a clean shutdown (slide to power off) before jailbreaking.
(2) Boot logos have intentionally been disabled for now, so you’ll see a black screen on tethered boots (you can re-enable logos or verbose boot with command-line options if you really want them back).
Due increased sensitivity to abrupt filesystem shutdowns in IOS5b6, it’s very important that you do a clean shutdown before running redsn0w.