iH8Sn0w released Sn0wBreeze 2.9.7 that brings support for tethered jailbreak of iOS 6.0.1. New version supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. It does not work with A5/A6 devices, like iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, etc.
Sn0wbreeze can be used to create a custom firmware with jailbreak and preserve iPhone modem (baseband) version for unlock.
You can find the release notes below. You can download the latest version of Sn0wBreeze from here.
What is New?
● Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
● The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
● SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
● Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
● Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standalone version should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
● Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
● iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
● iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
A new unlock has been discovered that works for all iPhones and all 5.x firmware versions, all basebands are supported.
The method discovered by Loktar_Sun appears to exploit a logical bug in Apple’s server and can be performed on any jailbroken iOS device. His procedure involves using Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package to perform a series of steps that unlocks your phone to use a specific SIM.
It has been confirmed working by iPhone Dev-Team member MuscleNerd who notes an update may be coming to SAM from @sbingner to make the procedure simpler.
We will post detailed step by step unlock instructions soon.
Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO, confirmed that the new software update iOS 4.x will appear in the near future to correct performance problems on the iPhone 3G, which works on iOS 4.x. He confirmed it while answering to the email he got from a user who was disappointed with the iPhone 3G performance running on iOS 4, describing it as “dog slow”.
Although he did not mention a specific version or date of its release we can guess that he was specking about iOS 4.1, which is going to be released next month, when iTV (Apple TV) and the next generation iPod touch will spotlight.