iH8Sn0w released Sn0wBreeze 2.9.7 that brings support for tethered jailbreak of iOS 6.0.1. New version supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G. It does not work with A5/A6 devices, like iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, etc.
Sn0wbreeze can be used to create a custom firmware with jailbreak and preserve iPhone modem (baseband) version for unlock.
You can find the release notes below. You can download the latest version of Sn0wBreeze from here.
What is New?
● Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
● The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
● SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
● Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
● Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standalone version should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
● Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
● iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
● iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
iPhone 3GSjailbreak can be either tethered or untethered. Tethered jailbreak means that each time you restart your device you will need to connect it to a computer and run redsn0w. If you have iPhone 3GS with an old bootrom version 359.3, the jailbreak is untethered. If your device has bootrom version 359.3.2 and higher, iOS 5/4.3.5 jailbreak will be tethered.
You can read tutorial to detect if your iPhone 3GS has new or old bootrom version here.
iH8Sn0w released Sn0wBreeze 2.8b7, which adds jailbreak support for the latest iOS 5 beta 7 firmware.
Sn0wBreeze creates custom firmware and allows users to preserve baseband for unlock (ultrasn0w doesn’t work with iOS 5 yet). This new version also adds hacktivation and removes UDID developer check. This means that you can try iOS 5 without developer account from Apple.
You can download Sn0wBreeze 2.8b7 for Windows here.
sn0wbreeze v2.8b7 – Release Notes
* Now jailbreaks iOS 5 beta 7.
* Still removes UDID Developer check + Beta timer.
* Still has the ability to hacktivate.
* Still preserves the baseband (as always!).
* iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)…..NO
* iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)….YES
* iPhone 4 (GSM)…………..YES
* iPhone 4 (CDMA)………….YES
* iPod Touch 3G……………YES
* iPod Touch 4…………….YES
* iPad 1G…………………YES
** REMEMBER TO BOOT WITH “iBooty” **
Hackers have released Sn0wBreeze 2.4 beta 1 utility, which is able to jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3.1. This jailbreak is tethered for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS new bootrom, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G. Tethered means that every reboot you will have to connect device to a computer and boot it using special utility (iBooty). Sn0wBreeze 2.4 beta 1 provides untethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS old bootrom.
Sn0wbreeze also preserves your baseband, which is very useful for unlockers. Using Sn0wbreeze you can update firmware iOS 4.3.1, while preserve old unlockable baseband. It also works with iPhone 3GS with 06.15 baseband.
It is still beta, so there might be bugs so use at your own risk.
You can download Sn0wBreeze 2.4 beta 1 for Windows here.
Hackers released Sn0wBreeze 2.3 beta 4 utility, which is able to jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3. This jailbreak is tethered for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS new bootrom, iPad, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G. Tethered means that every reboot you will have to connect device to a computer and boot it using special utility (iBooty). Sn0wBreeze 2.3 beta 4 provides untethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS old bootrom.
Sn0wbreeze also preserves your baseband, which is very useful for unlockers. Using Sn0wbreeze you can update firmware iOS 4.3, while preserve old unlockable baseband. It also works with iPhone 3GS with 06.15 baseband.
You can download Sn0wBreeze 2.3 beta 4 for Windows here.
Sn0wBreeze 2.9.3(pwnagetool for windows, supports tethered jailbreak of iOS 5.1 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPad; untethered for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom; untethered for iOS 5.0.1, iOS 4, iOS 3 supports Apple TV 2G)
Sn0wBreeze 2.8b11(pwnagetool for windows, supports iOS 5, iOS 5.0.1, tethered jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, Apple TV 2G; untethered for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom)