Apple just released new iOS 4.3 firmware. Jailbreakers and unlockers should wait for new tools. Everybody else will benefit. iOS 4.3 has Safari speed improvements, AirPlay features, hotspot, Home sharing, a new option for customizing the iPad’s side switch to serve as a mute toggle or screen orientation lock and much more:
This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
* Personal Hotspot
- Share iPhone 4 cellular data with up to 5 devices (combination of up to 3 Wi-Fi, 3 Bluetooth, and 1 USB)
* iTunes Home Sharing
- Play music, movies, and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2)
* New AirPlay features
- Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV
- Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV
* HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter
- View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote, and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display
* Ping features
- Push notifications for comments and follow requests
- Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen
- Parental controls
* New Settings
- Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert
- iPad side switch setting to lock screen rotation or mute audio notifications and sound effects
* Single tap conference call dialing with a pause to send a passcode
Apple has released iOS 4.1 for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2G, iPod Touch 3G and iPod touch 4G.
iOS 4.1 enables the Game Center social gaming network, support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) photos, and HD video uploading to YouTube. The update also fixes several bugs, including proximity sensor issues, performance issues and Bluetooth problems.
Full official changelog and download links are after the break:
● Game Center
- Send and receive friend requests
- Invite friends to multi-player games over the Internet
- Play multi-player games by auto-matching with other players
- View LEaderboards and Achievements
- Discover new games from friends
● High dynamic range (HDR) photos on iPhone 4
● Support for TV show rentals on iTunes
● Ability to upload HD videos to YouTube and MobileMe over Wi-Fi on iPhone 4
● Additional support for AVRCP-supported accessories, including next & previous track control
● FaceTime calling directly from Favorites
● Bug fixes, including
- iPhone 4 proximity sensor performance
- iPhone 4G performance
- Nike+ iPod fixes
- Bluetooth improvements
Game Center requires iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 2G or later. HDR photos and HD video upload requires iPhone 4.
Today Apple released patches for its iOS that address a security hole in Mobile Safari, which allowed users to jailbreak their iDevices. The PDF exploit they used also allowed hackers to gain remote control over the device with an iOS.
You can update your device via the links above or simply by connecting your device to iTunes and clicking Update. But note, if you want to continue using jailbreak you should not update your handset/tablet and don’t forget to backup your SHSH blobs.