Apple has released iOS 6.1.1 beta to developers. It’s only been a week since Apple released iOS 6.1 to the public. And it’s just 48 hours after the iOS 6.x evasi0n jailbreak was released. Release notes indicate maps improvement and some other optimization. well, we understand that the main purpose of iOS 6.1.1 is probably to fix vulnerabilities used by envasi0n jailbreak.
MuscleNerd already commented via twitter:
6.1.1 beta is already out to developers! Obviously stay away from that.
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
● Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
● Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
● Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
● Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
● Updated freeway color to green
● Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
● Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
Developers can download the update from the iOS Dev Center.